Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Harrison Schmitt



I attended a talk this evening by Harrison Schmitt, a member of the Apollo 17 mission and the last man to set foot on the moon (and the one before the last to leave). This was my first chance to hear a live first-hand account by a man who had been there. It is quite an experience when you realize that you are faced my someone who had actually set foot on the moon and experienced the gravity of another heavenly body. Schmitt is also the only scientist to have visited the moon.

The lecture was very interesting and the presentation included several anecdotes as he went through the mission touching on several aspects in a way that only one who went thorough the adventure would.

I took the photo above with my phone.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home